A Kingdom Hearts modder by the name of Larxian is currently hard at work making a playable version of Insomnia, Noctis’ home kingdom in Final Fantasy XV, in Kingdom Hearts III.
Earlier this month, the creator published an update video on this ambitious project, showcasing the authenticity of the map, which was never made fully explorable in its non-destroyed state. However, it was quite prominent in Final Fantasy XV’s early marketing, including when it was known as Final Fantasy Versus XIII. The castle proper and countless surrounding streets and buildings are portrayed, which all appear to be climbable.
Further, Larxian has noted that compared to when they conceptualized and first worked on this mod, the lighting system underwent a significant overhaul, so far more effort has been poured into this project than most may realize. Individuals who have helped with this ongoing process are Sora101Ven, Weeze_Juice for material conversion, Kizari for “Flagrum,” a Final Fantasy XV modding tool, and the OpenKH community.
You can view the latest video for the Kingdom Hearts III Insomnia mod below, with the description hosting more information for interested parties to peruse:
In Kingdom Hearts IV, Sora is in Quadratum with Strelitzia, a prominent character from Kingdom Hearts Union χ. This setting is an afterworld for the two characters following their tragic fates. Additionally, this new saga has been titled the Lost Master Arc. Further, some combat footage was showcased, with Sora performing Keyblade transformations against a giant entity that seems to be a Heartless? We don’t know for sure.
“The heart resides within the soul, which in turn is guided by fate to its rightful place” is a crucial phrase used at the start of this trailer for the upcoming mainline game.
- Everything we know about Kingdom Hearts Missing–Link
- Kingdom Hearts 20-year anniversary event Q & A
- Kingdom Hearts 20-year anniversary Memory Locker messages
- Tetsuya Nomura Game Informer Interview Coverage
- 20th Anniversary Recap Videos
- Kingdom Hearts Dark Road Tetsuya Nomura Q&A Fully Translated
- Kingdom Hearts Dark Road Updated to Version 5.01
- Kingdom Hearts Lost Animated Pilot
- The franchise has sold over 36 million units worldwide.
- Soundtrack officially available on streaming services
- First Kingdom Hearts IV Song Now Uploaded
- Yoko Shimomura Interview
Kingdom Hearts IV is in development with an unknown release date and unconfirmed platforms.
Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link will launch for mobile devices via iOS and Android at an unknown time.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.