Square Enix has announced that Kingdom Hearts Dark Road has been updated to Version 5.01 to implement various bug fixes as well as story dialogue and cutscene adjustments. Regarding the latter, some significant alterations have been made, with one, in particular, recontextualizing the timeline.
However, due to the nature of these altered scenes primarily being in the story’s conclusion, I will not share them here. Instead, if you’d like more details, check out the fan Twitter account @Daybreak_Town, which has been chronicling each notable change.
Alternatively, you can view the latest video by Kingdom Hearts content creator Damo which compiles and details each alteration:
In Kingdom Hearts IV, Sora is in Quadratum with Strelitzia, a prominent character from Kingdom Hearts Union χ. This setting is an afterworld for the two characters following their tragic fates. Additionally, this new saga has been titled the Lost Master Arc. Further, some combat footage was showcased, with Sora performing Keyblade transformations against a giant entity that seems to be a Heartless? We don’t know for sure.
“The heart resides within the soul, which in turn is guided by fate to its rightful place” is a crucial phrase used at the start of this trailer for the upcoming mainline game.
- Everything we know about Kingdom Hearts IV
- Everything we know about Kingdom Hearts Missing – Link
- Who is the girl in the Kingdom Hearts IV trailer?
- Kingdom Hearts 20-year anniversary event Q & A
- Kingdom Hearts 20-year anniversary Memory Locker messages
- Kingdom Hearts 20-year anniversary Tetsuya Nomura interview with Famitsu
- Tetsuya Nomura Game Informer Interview Coverage
- 20th Anniversary Recap Videos
- Kingdom Hearts Dark Road Tetsuya Nomura Q&A Fully Translated
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.