In addition, new players can join the fight for free this weekend thanks to the game’s Steam Free Weekend event starting Thursday, June 20 at 10am PT and ending Monday, June 24 at 10am PT.
The update that has launched includes the following:
- New weapons and attachments
- QBZ-03 Chinese assault rifle and TAR-21 MARS-style red dot optic for Insurgents
- VHS-2 Croatian assault rifle and MRO “Micro Red Dot” optic for Security
- A new indoor-focused map, Ministry (a remake of the Insurgency classic)
- A new zombie-inspired arcade mode called Frenzy
With so much new content to check out, taking part in the Steam Free Weekend event will be a perfect opportunity for newcomers to see what Insurgency: Sandstorm is all about, and veteran players can simply enjoy battling it out with new players.
Expect to enjoy even more good things as the developer has many more free content updates planned for the rest of this year and 2020, including modding support, game modes, maps, weapons, and more. Take a look at some of what’s due to arrive in the next six months in the recently announced Free Content Roadmap.
Insurgency: Sandstorm is out now on PC-via Steam.
Step right into the battlefield by watching the Insurgency: Sandstorm‘s free weekend trailer below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.