Square Enix has gone into in-depth details within their upcoming action JRPG Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai. The previously introduced Temple of Recollection will increase in difficulty as players traverse more and more rooms, with rewards abound. Further, the monsters and traps will alter across each go-around, enabling sufficient replayability.
Players will face off against stronger versions of Story Mode enemies. Additionally, at certain thresholds throughout the Temple, you’ll be given the option to either leave with the bonuses you’ve obtained or trek onward, conscious that you’re risking it all.
The Temple of Recollection is unlocked via Story Mode progress, with the only useable Bond Memories and party members being what one has acquired from there. Moreover, the difficulty level of the Temple will be reset when leaving.
Challenge Mode is unlocked after clearing the Story Mode, providing stronger foes with remixed battles, including more challenging iterations of “the Six Legion Commanders of the Dark Lord.”
Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai, Dai and his new friends unite as they focus their efforts on defeating the revived Demon King Hadlar. On the way, they learn more about the world and their places in it and greet new party members as the threats become increasingly severe.
- Announcement Trailer
- Release Date Reveal Trailer & Pre-Order Info
- Initial Screenshot Batch
- Check out our Preview
- Character Skills & Combat Mechanics; New Screenshots
- PC Requirements & Recommendations; Steam Deck Verification
- Gameplay Overview Trailer
- Previous Screenshot Batch
- New Story & Bond Memory Details; New Screenshots
Players can experience the game either through Story Mode for classic progression or through the Temple of Recollection, a constantly changing dungeon with challenging monsters. Additionally, an integral facet of this game is Bond Memories, accessories with the double purpose of strengthening characters and housing scenes from the manga series as they’re unlocked. The Temple of Recollection can make these items even more potent, too.
Pre-ordering Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai will grant Dai’s special outfit, “Legendary Hero,” and the Bond Memory, “The Hero’s Tutor.”
The Digital Deluxe Edition will provide the following bonus content:
- Popp’s special outfit: “Legendary Mage – Popp Outfit” based on the Mage from Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation.
- Maam’s special outfit: “Legendary Priest – Maam Oufit (Warrior Priest)” based on the Priest from Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation.
- Maam’s special outfit: “Legendary Martial Artist – Maam Outfit (Martial Artist)” based on the Martial Artist from Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation.
- Hyunckel’s special outfit: “Legendary Swordsman — Hyunckel Outfit (Dark Armour Blade)” based on the Swordsman from Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen.
- Hyunckel’s special outfit: “Legendary Warrior – Hyunckel Outfit (Dark Armour Spear)” based on the Warrior from Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation.
Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai will launch for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam on September 28, 2023, worldwide.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.