Retro-developer and publisher Spacebot Interactive, and independent game developer IZMA, have announced that their upcoming top-down 8-bit horror adventure, Deadeus, is now available for pre-order for Gameboy. Yes, this pre-order comes with a physical Gameboy cartridge.
In Deadeus, players take control of a young boy who has a prophetic nightmare telling him that everyone will die in 3 days and that he has to investigate the village to see how he can save everyone, if at all. There are 11 endings, with no direct path, leaving the choice of story route up to the player’s discretion.
This title was developed using Chris Maltby’s GB Studio engine and features music by Stuart Bubsy.
Here are the advertised features for Deadeus:
- Brand new top-down horror adventure for Game Boy.
- Adventure centered around a small boy with a prophetic nightmare telling him everyone will die in 3 days.
- 11 endings and no direct path leaving it up to the player to decide which is the best course of action.
- Developed using Chris Maltby’s GB Studio engine
- Featuring music by Stuart Busby.
- Fully compatible with all Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance handhelds.
Deadeus is available for £42 ($57.44/€46.72) and comes in an original box with both a manual and cartridge. Pre-orders will conclude on February 15, 2021, and shipping will begin in March. Exact dates for shipping and the game’s release date have yet to be disclosed.
Additionally, you can watch the release trailer below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.