Here’s Everything From Today’s Nintendo Indie World Showcase
Today’s Nintendo Indie World Showcase highlighted several notable titles releasing for the Switch. Steve Singer, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Publisher and Developer Relations, had this to say regarding the showcase:
“This latest Indie World showcase features a diverse selection of indie games from our independent development partners all over the world. Nintendo Switch continues to be the ideal platform for players who want a wide variety of indie games that can be played at home or on the go.”
Each of the titles shown off during the Indie World Showcase are listed below. We will update the links of the titles with official Switch trailers once they are uploaded.
- Bomb Rush Cyberfunk (2022) is a spiritual successor to Jet Set Radio and brings players to the world where players will face off against cops as they aim for new heights to display graffiti. During gameplay, players will create a crew and freely explore the streets. Additionally, players will take on missions to paint graffiti and raise their rep.
- Toem (Fall 2021) has players undergo a photographic journey to restore power to the town they explore and aid various citizens in this relaxing, inviting setting. The distinct art style accentuates the eccentric cast and other notable features.
- Loop Hero (This Holiday) takes place in a world that has been thrown into a timeless loop as it plunges into never-ending chaos. Gameplay will have players wield an expanding deck of cards that allows them to position enemies, buildings, and terrain to path a unique expedition to piece together the hero’s memories and restore balance to the world.
- FAR: Changing Tides (Early 2022) is an atmospheric explorative adventure experience where players journey throughout a flooded world full of remnants of the past. Boasting a soothing soundtrack and engaging scenery, this is a title that should be considered, even if one has not played the former FAR: Lone Sails.
- Necrobarista: Final Pour (Out Today) is a visual novel that takes the genre to the world of 3D and has players experience the story through the cinematic narrative with branching scenarios and depth. Players will also explore the cafe and investigate its environments as they speak with customers and learn about their unfinished business.
- Garden Story (Out Today) has players farm, gather materials, converse with locals, and more as they control the Guardian grape, Concord. The delightful art style serves to increase the appealing character designs.
- Boyfriend Dungeon (Out Today) has players romance up to 7 weapons in a dungeon crawling experience. Alongside being inclusive of several genders and sexualities, various combat styles make this game a customizable experience.
- Axiom Verge 2 (Out Today) aims to expand the universe created in the series as players meet new characters and go on a brand-new adventure. Additionally, the developer has confirmed that the game will feature new additional abilities and gameplay mechanics.
- Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon (This Holiday) is a spinoff of the original Shovel Knight and is a roguelite puzzle game hybrid. Players will have to match falling enemies with unique mechanics to keep elements fresh.
- Islanders: Console Edition (Out Today) is a minimalist strategy game where players explore and build on colorful islands. The developers assure that this is a simple, fun game, but players should not expect a blockbuster time.
- Metal Slug Tactics (2022) is a grid-based approach to the chaotic action-centric Metal Slug franchise. The game unites Marco, Eri, Fio, and Tarma as they lead the Peregrine Falcon Squad. With skill trees, classic Metal Slug weapons, and several other perks, this title aims to bring an intricate layer of strategy.
- Tetris Effect: Connected (October 8, 2021) has finally made its way to Switch. Players can now take the puzzling satisfaction with them on the go alongside cross-play for numerous match possibilities.
- Astroneer (January 2022) is a space sandbox adventure where players can build custom bases and terrain and explore various gathered materials. Creativity is the key to enjoying this game.
- Hundred Days – Winemaking Simulator (Holiday 2021) is an eccentric winemaking experience where players can choose which specific types of wine they desire to produce in accordance with the market’s whims.
- Slime Rancher: Plortable Edition (Out Today) finally brings the slime ranching experience to a portable context. Players will enter a gameplay loop full of continuous upgrades, completing requests, and growing crops and animals, all for the sake of enhancing the livelihood of their slims.
- LumbearJack (Releasing 2022 for Steam and Switch) has players save the environment with physics-based environmental puzzles to stop Evil Works from his worrying reign.
- Curious Expedition 2 (Out Today) is a turn-based narrative roguelike set in a reimagined 19th century. Procedural gameplay and narrative elements make this a distinct title that curious parties should check out.
- Gang Beasts (Fall 2021) is a popular beat-em-up party game that never gets old. Players simply try to destroy others in the vicinity via contextual traps, pitfalls, and other elements.
- Eastward (September 16, 2021) is an ambitious single-player adventure RPG set in the future where humanity and society are gradually collapsing due to a deadly permeating toxin. Boasting adult humor and mature themes, a unique experience assuredly awaits those curious enough by the premise.
Which games during this Indie World Showcase stood out to you the most?
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.