Arc System Works has announced that their 2D fighters Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- and Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 are receiving rollback netcode. The latter is an enhanced version of the former that includes a plethora of new content such as new playable characters, updated balancing, and more.
For those unaware, rollback functionality essentially enables smoother gameplay experiences online, allowing for swifter and, more precisely registered inputs. A public beta test for this implementation on both titles is occurring late next month, though no exact date has been provided.
You can view the announcement tweet sharing this news below:
— ArcSystemWorks (@ArcSystemWorksU) September 26, 2022
UPDATE: The developer has announced that the public beta test for Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2’s rollback netcode update on Steam will occur between October 17, 2022, at 12:00 AM PT through October 31 at 11:59 PM PT.
- Guilty Gear Baiken, Ramlethal, Dizzy & Sol Badguy Figures were announced.
- The Guilty Gear Strive soundtrack is now digitally available.
- Ramlethal Valentine Nendoroid fully revealed.
- New Guilty Gear Strive Update Schedule Revealed; Global Crossplay Test September 2022, Balance Patch Winter 2022 & More
- Guilty Gear Strive Reveals 1-Year Anniversary Music Video; “Find Your Way”
- Guilty Gear Strive Sells Over 1 Million Units Worldwide
- Guilty Gear Strive announced for Xbox
Guilty Gear: Strive is the newest entry in the Guilty Gear series. The game was created by Daisuke Ishiwatari and developed by Arc System Works to bring a hybrid 2D/3D fighter to fans. The game is known for its high difficulty and beautiful combo systems where players can master characters to cause severe damage.
We’ll keep you updated on more news from Guilty Gear Strive. The title is currently available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.