During Granblue Fantasy Fes 2019, Cygames revealed new information about their upcoming fighter, Granblue Fantasy: Versus. Today, XSEED confirms that the announcements made during the event will also be present in the western release of the game.
First off, Chaos Bringer will be the final boss of Granblue Fantasy: Versus. This hood figure was featured in the “What Makes the Sky Blue” series event after he was released by Belial. However, when the game launches, he will only appear as a boss. An update is planned for late February to add him as a playable character, that can be unlocked by playing through the RPG mode. Alternatively, you can unlock him by purchasing the Season 1 DLC.
Additionally, Narmaya, Soriz, and Djeeta have been revealed as Season 1 DLC characters. A fifth character is planned to be revealed during the Granblue Fantasy 6th Birthday in March 2020.
- Clear RPG mode to get 5,000 crystals
- Clear RPG mode on Hard difficulty to get the Vyrn costume outfit for the main character.
- * Players who already have this outfit will get 3,000 crystals instead.
- DLC character purchase rewards:
- Chaos Bringer: Obtain one weapon not yet released in Granblue Fantasy early
- Narmaya: Special Narmaya outfit
- Soriz: Special Soriz outfit
- Djeeta: Special class outfit for the main character
Granblue Fantasy: Versus is a 2D fighter with characters representing from the Granblue IP fighting it out across various stages. The developer states that this will be a “new era of fighting games” with new balance systems and focus on sound and visuals.
Granblue Fantasy: Versus is coming to PlayStation 4 in Q1 2020.
You can check out new screenshots and character illustrations below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.