During the latest showcase stream for the upcoming Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising and Granblue Fantasy: Relink, new information for the latter was unveiled. Firstly, Ghandagoza has been announced as a playable character. He is a bare-knuckled brawler, with his unique action, Raging Fist, gathering power in the form of Elemental Rage by performing combos.
He’ll do more damage with Raging Fist, depending on how rageful he is. Some bosses can even fall in a single hit with a maxed-out Raging Fist.
The Church of Avia, which Id serves as one of its three generals, is seen visiting Zegagrande for unknown ends. The girl by his side seems identical to Lyra appearance-wise.
Towns are essentially bases, letting players accept quests and upgrade their weapons, with these locales becoming lobbies for parties when connected online. Combat occurs with a party of four, with each character able to set and use four skills. AI-controlled party members will use these at will.
Enemies who are hit repeatedly will receive a full stun gauge, making them flinch and enabling you to perform a Link Attack with your party members. The Link Level, filled by performing group-oriented actions, must be full to activate Link Attacks. Link Attacks will also trigger a temporary boost called Link Time, slowing enemy movement and buffing your stats.
Another gameplay feature is Skybound Arts, communicated via the SBA gauge beneath a character’s HP. Unique, powerful, and cinematic techniques can be performed once this gauge is full, preventing enemies from moving. Doing multiple Skybound Arts in a row will then trigger a Chain Burst, a follow-up blast of damage.
The following characters received combat profiles:
- The Captain – A reliable leader who excels at close range with one-handed swords. Can learn a variety of skills to fill any gap in your party setup.
- Katalina – A skilled swordswoman, she boasts healing and protective skills. She can call the primal beast Ares to temporarily enhance her attacks.
- Rackam – He attacks from a distance with a rifle and pistol, but if the enemy gets too close, he can change his position in the blink of an eye.
- Io – She wields a variety of spells to support allies and hinder enemies. Once she’s put up some distance between herself and the target, she can pump up some truly destructive damage.
- Eugen – This old merc specializes in precision firing from a distance. He can aim at specific weak points for bigger damage.
- Rosetta – Wields thorns from mid-range to keep enemies at bay. She plants roses across the battlefield, which provide a variety of supportive effects to allies.
- Ferry – Thrasing enemies from mid-range with her whip, Ferry and her pets provide a variety of supportive effects to allies.
- Lancelot – An agile knight who specializes in evasion and overwhelming his foes with a flurry of attacks from his dual blades.
- Vane – A loyal knight who shrugs off enemy attacks with grand halberd swings. He also protects his allies with formidable defensive skills.
- Percival – A lordly knight who wields flame and blade in equal measure. He can charge his attacks for increased firepower.
- Siegfried – Specializes in devastating attacks with his greatsword. Perfect timing results in stronger attacks.
- Charlotta – Skilled at hindering the enemy with rapid cuts and aerial attacks, she boldly flies into the fray to strike at her foes.
- Narmaya – An ephemeral warrior who delivers captivating attacks as she switches between two stances, one for speed and one for range.
- Yodarha – Slices his foes to shreds in an agile display of dual katana mastery. A speed demon of a character.
- Zeta – She’s a feisty spear wielder who punishes foes with aerial combos. Perfect timing allows her to continue her assault, all before delivering a powerful finishing blow.
- Vaseraga – A behemoth of a skyfarer who shrugs off his foe’s attacks as he swings his massive scythe. He excels at delivering massive damage – even if it puts him in harm’s way.
Leveling up crew members will unlock their Masteries, the upgrade system. Opening Mastery nodes here will enhance stats and give new skills and combat actions. Players can choose which stat direction to emphasize to a certain extent.
Accessories called Sigils can be equipped, giving specialized effects like giving more attack based on taken damage or increasing stats after perfect dodging. Weapons can also be upgraded, and there are other shops to peruse.
Lastly, roughly 20 minutes of gameplay footage was shared.
You can view the timestamped part of the broadcast introducing Ghandagoza in Granblue Fantasy: Relink below:
You can view the timestamped new gameplay footage for Granblue Fantasy: Relink below:
A second Granblue Fantasy: Relink is planned for January 2024.
Granblue Fantasy: Relink will feature a Full Assist mode for accessibility purposes, where all actions are performed automatically as you move the control stick. This will be usable for the entire story.
Alternatively, there will be a standard Assist Mode where combos are performed with a single button, auto-heal, auto-guard, and auto-dash are enabled, map navigation is assisted, and Skills, Skybound Arts, and Link Attacks are utilized when their respective conditions are met. Performing Skybound Arts in succession will activate Chain Bursts.
Quests, taken with a party of four, arrive in various types, like boss battles, time attack, and survival. There are over 100 available, with some intended as post-game content. Players can customize their characters in multiple ways, including changeable weapons and sigils, as well as unlockable mastery nodes for new skills and enhanced stats. Characters can have four skills equipped at a given time.
Granblue Fantasy: Relink takes place in Zegagrande Kingdom, where primal beasts act as island guardians, and a secretive organization known as the Church of Avia does who knows what. The protagonists end up contending with these factors, with the fate of the Sky Realm hanging in the balance.
- Gameplay Trailer & Coverage
- PlayStation Showcase Trailer, New Renders & Art
- Development Update & Ferry Introduction
- Release Date Reveal & Info Overload
- Deluxe & Collector’s Edition
Granblue Fantasy: Relink will launch worldwide for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC via Steam on February 1, 2024.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.