Emotional Platformer ‘Gibbon: Beyond the Trees’ Now Available on Nintendo Switch; Launch Trailer
During today’s Nintendo Indie World showcase, a swift highlight reel of games was revealed at the stream’s conclusion. Of those titles, publisher and developer Broken Rules announced that their emotional naturalistic platformer, Gibbon: Beyond the Trees, is currently available for Nintendo Switch. This title was previously released for Apple Arcade, and it is launching for PC via Steam on May 18, 2022.
Throughout this title, players control a gibbon as they either seek freedom in liberation mode or experience a roughly hour-long narrative that correlates to the real-world struggles of this species.
This game boasts the following features:
- Experience free-flowing, dynamic movement based on brachiation, the way real gibbons swing through the trees
- Master acrobatic moves, including launching from another gibbon’s hands in mid-air
- A touching adventure of a family of gibbons trying to survive amid an encroaching human threat.
- Play through an hourlong adventure in story mode, or race to freedom through a procedurally generated jungle in liberation mode.
- Stunning 2D hand-painted visuals that breathe life into a rapidly vanishing world.
- Explore varied environments, from the wild jungles of Southeast Asia to the hectic human world beyond.
- Gibbon: Beyond the Trees deals with challenging but acute environmental topics, including deforestation, poaching, and climate change
You can view the Nintendo Switch launch trailer for Gibbon: Beyond the Trees below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.