Prominent fan translation group, Geofront, known for their translations of The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero and The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure that would be used in the official NIS America published releases, has announced a new project.
The team is now working on a fan translation of Nihon Falcom’s first entry of the Gagharv trilogy, The Legend of Heroes III: The White Witch. Initially launched in 1994, protagonists Jurio and Chris begin a pilgrimage to traverse Tirasweel, one of three continents divided by an abyss known as the Gagharv. Geofront is handling the Windows version, specifically.
The other entries of the Gagharv trilogy, A Tear of Vermillion, and Cagesong of the Ocean, occur on the other two continents. The author of the Geofront blog post, SlyGamer64, goes into exceptional detail regarding the appeal and history of this game and the trilogy, which I highly recommend reading in full.
Simply put, the narrative, interactions, and character growth are at the forefront of this experience, favored over gameplay and such. If you’re a Trails fan, then it’s definitely worth keeping an eye on this fan effort.
For those confused by the naming convention, the first two Legend of Heroes games were Dragon Slayer titles, with the Gagharv trilogy being games three, four, and five. Then, Trails began as the sixth Legend of Heroes game via Trails in the Sky.
Personally, I’m thrilled to see the team tackle Gagharv since, despite having played through the games myself, it has been quite a long while, and I barely remember them. Plus, I distinctly recall some instances of the localizations not presenting themselves strongly. So, seeing a new take on at least just this long-neglected classic first entry will be a treat.
The full team working on this ambitious project is listed below:
- Lead Translator: Shawn Cox
- Translator: Gu4n
- Translator: Caw
- Lead Editor: SlyGamer64
- Editor: Schotelheim
- Editor: Addaberry
- Graphics Editor: Sorcerian
- Programmer: JoseJL
- Programmer: Ribose
- Video Editor: Choojermelon/Theaggyyu
There is currently no estimated release time, but translations, text insertion, and editing were stated to have been going well over the past year.
For now, you can view Geofront’s announcement trailer for this project below:
- Check out our review.
- View our 10 Beginner’s Tips.
- View our 100% completion guide spanning quests, fishing, recipes, and much more.
- Check out all of the in-game treasure chest messages exclusive to the localized release.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel – Northern War anime will premiere on January 8, 2023:
- Announcement Coverage
- Teaser Trailer
- Official Trailer
- Intro Movie Trailer
- 12 Episode Confirmation
- Wallace, Aurelia, Millium & Sara
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie will launch for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC on July 7, 2023.
- All English Voices
- Opening Movie Trailer
- Limited Edition & Merchandise
- VR Support & Carry-Over Bonuses Announced
- Story Trailer
- Deluxe Edition
- March 14, 2023 – North America
- March 17, 2023 – Europe
- March 24, 2023 – Australia, New Zealand
Additional coverage for the game is listed below:
- Official Website Update #1
- Official Website Update #2
- Story Trailer & March 2023 Release Date
- Reverse Cover Vote
- Before Playing Trails to Azure, Check Out This Bridging Drama CD Taking Place After Zero, Translated by Fans
The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails is coming to PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC in 2023.
- The Trails series was recently confirmed to have sold over 7 million units worldwide.
- Check out our Beginner’s Guide to the Trails series.
The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki is now available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC via Steam in Japan.
The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki II Crimson Sin is now available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 in Japan. Check out our latest coverage, which also acts as an avenue for previous extensive instances of doing so.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.