Over the past few days, we’ve heard some tantalizing details out of the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu about the totally new scenario, Future Connected, that debuts in Monolith Soft’s upcoming Nintendo Switch title, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. So with less than a week until release we’ve quickly compiled everything together:
- The Future Connected scenario is expected to take somewhere between 10 and 12 hours. However, that’s only if you complete the story. There will also be additional sidequests that are predicted to expand that playtime to 20 hours.
- Director Tetsuya Takahashi has said it would have been possible to make it longer if the scenario were paid downloadable content, like Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country, but if too many resources were used it would negatively impact the development of new titles. Production staff has been divided into three sections, which include staff working on Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, staff working on a new title, and those with their hands in both projects.
- Future Connected was developed for multiple reasons. The scenario will contain details that will ‘connect’ to the future of Xenoblade, and the developers will be able to draw in players who have already played Xenoblade Chronicles. For this reason, Players who pick up the game will be able to play the scenario immediately, despite taking place after the base game.
- Party member Melia gets additional spotlight within the scenario because the development team felt bad for her.
- Music has not been re-recorded with an orchestra, but the soundtrack has been rearranged, remixed, and boasts a higher sound quality than Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition tells the story of Shulk, as he and his friends embark on a quest of revenge against the Mechon, who have destroyed their homes. The world exists on the back of two gods, Bionis and Mechonis, with a rivalry emerging between those who live on each of the giant creatures.
Shulk discovers that he might play a more significant role in the fate of the world as he receives a vision. This is generally the spark that ignites the adventure as Shulk gathers his friends and sets out on a journey.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.