Cosmic Trip developer Funktronic Labs is crafting a new VR title Fujii, a unique, meditative experience centered around gardening, that’s gently making its way to Oculus Quest, Rift/Rift-S, and Valve Index (with Knuckles support) on June 27 — with a $14.99 price tag.
You may recall the developer’s name if you checked out our preview of Wave Break (currently in development), but the crew knows a thing or two when it comes to VR games. Cosmic Trip, the most notable VR title from Funktronic Labs, has a “Very Positive” overall review rating on Steam, so it’s safe to say that the developer’s next VR title Fujii will not disappoint.
Fujii will take you on a serene, mystical journey that traverses a series of otherworldly, organic landscapes. For this beautiful and music-centric journey, it’ll be up to you to bring dormant landscapes back to life by restoring native flora through light, water, and harmony in musical ways. Along the way, you’ll collect exotic seeds from the various areas you explore, and with those seeds, you’ll be able to cultivate and customize your very own unique, otherworldly garden. Sounds like this game will be in my “hella chill game” list, for sure.
Eddie Lee, founder of Funktronic Labs, decided to create Fujii for one main reason: a love for gardening. Via a press release, it mentions that Eddie, “found a great deal of joy and positivity through gardening, and has long dreamed of developing an experience that expressed the magical, therapeutic nature of plants. Fujii is an attempt to capture that feeling, and to share in the modern plant zeitgeist. Take care of your garden, and your garden will take care of you.”
Curious to know what you’ll find in Fujii? Here’s the full list of features:
- A meditative, musical gardening adventure that offers a unique and restorative VR experience
- Hike through three diverse biomes, collect seeds, and explore their enchanting flora and fauna
- Collect and grow several rare, musically-interactive plants
- Wonderful, interactive soundtrack by French artist and composer, Norman Bambi
- Relax in your garden with your companion gnome, and introduce creatures and insect life sourced from the wild
- Continue to cultivate your garden indefinitely, even after the conclusion of the story
- Fully supports Valve Index (and Index Controllers). Also is cross-buy on Rift/Quest
Explore a bit of Fujii by checking out the trailer and screenshots below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.