The thrilling third-person horror survival game Friday the 13th: The Game is coming to Nintendo Switch via retail stores on August 13 with the Ultimate Slasher Edition, thanks to distributor Nighthawk Interactive.
Fully equipped with the base game, all released DLC, and a limited-edition poster, physical Switch copies are available now for pre-order via GameStop and Amazon for $39.99, and coming soon to other retailers like Best Buy and Target.
Here are all the details of what you’ll get with the Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Edition for Switch:
- All DLC and Retail Exclusive Content* – In addition to all previously released DLC – including 10 single player challenges, new maps, characters, counselor outfits, Jason skins, additional kills for Jason and the complete Virtual Cabin experience – the physical edition also offers exclusive Bloody Jason Skins and clothing packs.
- Eight-Person Multiplayer and Single Player Modes – On maps spanning multiple iconic locations from the movie franchise, players will match up online as either Jason Voorhees or a Camp Counselor trying to survive the night. Players seeking lower pressure slasher fun can take the fight offline in matches with AI bots.
- Killer Variety – Players can don the mask of their favorite incarnations of Jason Voorhees as depicted in films two through nine. Each Jason is hand-crafted with specific strengths, weaknesses, and exclusive brutal kills. The retail edition offers even more brutal execution options, with the Pick Axe, Pig Splitter and Machete Kill Packs.
- Character Customization – As players level up, they will unlock new playable Counselor and Jason models that can be purchased with Customization Points (CPs). CPs also unlock new kills for Jason, game-changing perks that help Camp Counselors survive the night, emotes for self-expression, and various regalia appropriate for a funeral … or seven. The retail edition includes the Spring Break ’84 Clothing and Halloween Costume Packs for players to try on before the murder party.
- Franchise Authenticity – The game draws expertise from horror icons including Sean S. Cunningham (director/creator of Friday the 13th), Tom Savini (FX legend and effects director of Friday the 13th), composer Harry Manfredini (various compositions from the franchise) and Kane Hodder (Jason Voorhees actor; Part 7, 8 and 9).
Friday the 13th: The Game isn’t for the faint of heart as it pits eight players against each other, either as one of seven teen counselors, or as iconic killer Jason Voorhees himself. Counselors must search for the tools to survive, escape or even try to take down the infamous murder machine, while Jason must rely on his array of abilities to track, hunt, and kill his prey. The teens need to contend with time itself, too, as Jason not only feeds off the fear of his victims, but also becomes stronger as the night progresses.
Check out screenshots and box shots of the Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Edition for Switch below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.