Sony has announced that fans can look forward to a new State of Play on April 13, 2023, which will feature more than 20 minutes of the upcoming Square Enix-developed JRPG, Final Fantasy XVI, at 2 PM PT/ 5 PM ET.
We’ll be sure to keep you all informed of this State of Play’s precise contents.
Final Fantasy XVI is set to be a more action-heavy entry than its predecessors, with a Devil May Cry V designer even taking the helm. Throughout the title, players will control the protagonist, Clive, as he confronts various Dominants, humans who have been cursed with the power to become Eikons.
Clive is the “First Shield of Rosaria,” sworn to protect his younger brother Joshua, who’s the Dominant of Phoenix. However, following tragedy, Clive swears revenge on the Dark Eikon Ifrit.
The producer, Naoki Yoshida, describes this game as akin to his experience with the first Final Fantasy, as “playing the lead in an epic motion picture.” The reasoning for this title’s action-oriented approach and more classical fantasy setting was to “appeal to as wide a range of gamers as possible.” Moreover, “there will be a “comprehensive support system in place for players who aren’t too confident with action games.”
- View our extensive summation of the previously revealed Final Fantasy XVI information, including screenshots, renders, profiles, and much more.
- View our coverage compiling multiple interviews of the game.
- Final Fantasy XVI Interview Breakdown Compilation
- Check out the latest trailer and accompanying information, including renders and screenshots.
- Release Date Trailer, Characters, Gameplay Info & Pre-Orders Available
- All Official Artwork
- ESRB Rating Description
- Moogle Reveal
- Process of Going Gold
- New Key Art
- Pixel Art Animation & 8-Bit Arrangement
- PAX East 2023 Broadcast Confirmed
- Preview Round-Up
- Torgal Gameplay Clips
- PAX East 2023 Footage
- Gone Gold
You can set a reminder for the upcoming Final Fantasy XVI State of Play broadcast below:
Final Fantasy XVI is launching exclusively for PlayStation 5 on June 22, 2023.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.