During the latest Final Fantasy XVI pre-launch stream comprising the following staff, the team announced that there will, in fact, be a pre-release update.
- Producer – Naoki Yoshida
- Director – Hiroshi Takai
- Creative Director – Kazutoyo Maehiro
- Localization Director – Michael-Christopher Koji Fox
- Art Director – Hiroshi Minagawa
- Combat Director – Ryota Suzuki
- Composer – Soken Masayoshi
- Cinematic Manager – Takeo Suzuki
Before the game officially launches, Square Enix is working on a pre-release update for Final Fantasy XVI implementing the following:
- Fix a control flag issue which can make progress impossible under very specific circumstances.
- Fix an issue wherein the game could close unexpectedly under very specific circumstances.
- Optimize performance in several places
- Fix some minor text errors
The update will be roughly 300 MB and launch on June 20, 2023. The team is quite saddened by this since they wanted to avoid doing any pre-launch day updates, but at least this one seems pretty minor.
Lastly, pre-loading will be available 48 hours (2 days) before the game launches in every region.
You can view the stream where this announcement was made below:
Final Fantasy XVI is set to be a more action-heavy entry than its predecessors, with a Devil May Cry V designer even taking the helm. Throughout the title, players will control the protagonist, Clive, as he confronts various Dominants, humans who have been cursed with the power to become Eikons.
Clive is the “First Shield of Rosaria,” sworn to protect his younger brother Joshua, who’s the Dominant of Phoenix. However, following a certain tragedy, Clive swears revenge on the Dark Eikon Ifrit.
The producer, Naoki Yoshida, describes this game as akin to his experience with the first Final Fantasy, as “playing the lead in an epic motion picture.” The reasoning for this title’s action-oriented approach and more classical fantasy setting was to “appeal to as wide a range of gamers as possible.” Moreover, “there will be a “comprehensive support system in place for players who aren’t too confident with action games.”
In case you missed it, check out our preview.
- View our extensive summation of the previously revealed Final Fantasy XVI information, including screenshots, renders, profiles, and much more.
- View our coverage compiling multiple interviews of the game.
- Final Fantasy XVI Interview Breakdown Compilation
- Check out the latest trailer and accompanying information, including renders and screenshots.
- Release Date Trailer, Characters, Gameplay Info & Pre-Orders Available
- Official Artwork
- ESRB Rating Description
- Moogle Reveal
- Process of Going Gold
- New Key Art
- Pixel Art Animation & 8-Bit Arrangement
- PAX East 2023 Broadcast Confirmed
- Preview Round-Up
- Torgal Gameplay Clips
- PAX East 2023 Footage
- Gone Gold
- State of Play Debut, Screenshots, Theme Song Teaser
- State of Play Breakdown
- PS5 Bundle + Themed Cover Plates & DualSense
- Soundtrack Release
- 6 Gameplay Videos
- Official Eikon Artwork
- Clive Voice Actor Interview
- Salvation Launch Trailer
- New Game+ Content
- PC Port Confirmed
- Lottery Merchandise
- Ultimania Announced
- Main Theme Song Streaming
- Art Book Announced
- Ascension Trailer
- Requiem Live Action Trailer
- Next-Gen Immersion Trailer
- Theme Song Trailer
Final Fantasy XVI is launching exclusively for PlayStation 5 on June 22, 2023.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.