Final Fantasy XIV Surpasses 18 Million Players and Reveals Patch 5.2 Details
Square Enix announced that their MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV has surpassed 18 million players, the developer has also shared details on patch 5.2 coming to the Shadowbringers DLC.
In Patch 5.2, players will discover a new main scenario of quests. The adventures of the Warrior of Darkness and the Scions of the Seventh Dawn continue as they further unravel the mysteries of the First. Additionally, new equipment enhancements quest series will also be added allowing players to obtain powerful equipment as they learn more about the Hrothgar homeland, the Bozja Citadel.
Here’s a list of the other details:
- New Trial: The Ruby Weapon – Players can challenge Ruby Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Chronicles of a New Era Quest: The Sorrow of Werlyt – Discover the lore behind the new Weapon series.
- New Raid: Eden’s Verse – The second chapter in the Eden raid series will feature challenging new battles in both normal and savage difficulties.
- Ishgardian Restoration Update – The next update in this content for Disciples of the Hand and Land will feature gatherer-specific content in the Diadem, high-level crafting challenges, and a new ranking system.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Qitari will provide new quests geared towards Disciples of the Land classes.
- New Dungeon: Anamnesis Anyder – This new challenge can be tackled alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – The next set of adjustments to Disciples of the Land and Hand which will further enhance the gathering and crafting experience for beginners and veterans alike.
Also, the publisher revealed a new Final Fantasy XIV: Shadwbringers art book titled Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers The Art of Reflection -Histories Forsaken-. The artbook is available for pre-order now and is scheduled to release in May 2020.
Lastly, now through January 14, players without an active subscription can play five free consecutive days, up to 120 hours, during the free login campaign.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.