Square Enix has begun a new series on its YouTube channel titled “Final Fantasy XIV Starter Guide Series.” As its name implies, these videos aim to help new players get acclimated to the vast world of Eorzea, regardless of if they’re going solo or playing with friends.
This introductory series is told via the contextual lens of a new Final Fantasy XIV player, Kaz, and his mentor Mayra.
Quoted summation of this Starter Guide video series and each episode are viewable below:
- Series Introduction – Join veteran adventurer Mayra as she guides new player Kaz to the world of FINAL FANTASY XIV.
- Episode 1: The Adventure Begins – Kaz creates his character and takes his first steps in Eorzea. Mayra introduces Kaz to the map and different quest types so he can enjoy the main story without getting lost.
- Episode 2: Meet Your FATE – Mayra introduces Kaz to class quests and how he can unlock different classes starting at level 10. Kaz encounters his first FATE, an open world encounter where everyone nearby can take part.
- Episode 3: Hall of the Novice – Kaz learns how to organize his cluttered inventory and discovers the Recommended Gear feature. Mayra takes Kaz to the Hall of the Novice where he gets a crash course on party combat and a new set of gear.
- Episode 4: Do Your Duty – Putting his newly acquired skills to the test, Kaz teams up with Mayra to form a light party with the Duty Finder to tackle his first dungeon. Kaz learns how dungeon rewards are distributed via Need, Greed, and Pass.
- Episode 5: Trial by Fire – Kaz forms his own party and takes on his first trial: an epic boss battle. As his renown grows, Kaz is recruited by one of three Grand Companies of Eorzea, and unlocks his very own chocobo mount at level 20.
- Episode 6: The End of the Beginning – Mayra regales Kaz with all he has learned so far and all he still has to look forward to in the Free Trial… and beyond!
Further, all 7 Episodes are embedded below:
Final Fantasy XIV is currently available via PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.