Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.4 The Dark Throne Releasing Late May 2023; Trailer, Screenshots & Features
Square Enix has announced that patch 6.4 of their ongoing MMORPG, Final Fantasy XIV, will launch on May 23, 2023. Titled “The Dark Throne,” the game’s director and producer, Naoki Yoshida, discussed the patch’s content in the latest Live Letter.
You can view what to anticipate from Final Fantasy XIV patch 6.4 below:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The next chapter in the story of the Warrior of Light.
- New Raid Dungeon: Pandæmonium: Anabaseios – The final installment of the Pandæmonium raid series.
- New Dungeon – New challenges await in the Aetherfont.
- New Trial: The Voidcast Dais – A challenging new battle against Golbez at both Normal and Extreme difficulties.
- New Unreal Trial – Fight in Containment Bay Z1T9 (Unreal) against the mighty Zurvan.
- New Side Story Quests – Tataru’s Grand Endeavour continues.
- Duty Support System Update – Support for several Stormblood™ main scenario dungeons (The Sirensong Sea, Bardam’s Mettle, Doma Castle, Castrum Abania, and Ala Mhigo) will be added, meaning they can be completed solo alongside a party of NPC allies.
- Ocean Fishing Update – Explore the new route towards Kugane.
- Island Sanctuary Updates – New sanctuary ranks and items to gather, construction plots, craftable items, crops, animals, and the ability to place outdoor furnishings near structures and more.
- Player Versus Player Updates:
- Crystalline Conflict – PvP Series 4 begins alongside Season 7 of Crystalline Conflict.
- Frontline – Adjustments made to the rules of the Fields of Glory (Shatter) and the inclusion of an optional new UI element, making it easier to track the score and remaining match time.
- Miscellaneous Updates – Various updates, including the introduction of a new Allagan tomestone currency, user interface updates to display job icons in the chat log and on player nameplates, the ability to glamour scholar faeries, several quality-of-life improvements, and more.
Additionally, a few details of what to expect from patch 6.45 were shared, quoted below;
- Blue Mage Update – Level cap raised to 80, new blue mage-exclusive gear, new enemies to challenge, and more.
- New Variant Dungeon: Mount Rokkon – Players can enjoy a new variable-difficulty dungeon designed for 1-4 players, with the difficulty of enemies scaling depending on party size.
- New Criterion Dungeon: Mount Rokkon – High-difficulty four-player content featuring a visually similar area to the Variant Dungeon but with a set route. Criterion dungeons will feature two options of difficulties, “Criterion” and “Criterion (Savage),” each with its own unique set of rules and characteristics.
- Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures
- Weapon Enhancement Quests – Manderville Weapons
- Tool Enhancement Quests – Splendorous Tools
You can view the official key art and screenshots for Final Fantasy XIV patch 6.4 via our gallery below:
You can view the official trailer for Final Fantasy XIV patch 6.4, The Dark Throne, below:
Final Fantasy XIV is currently available via PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.