Square Enix recently hosted a new Final Fantasy XIV Live Letter with the game’s producer and director, Naoki Yoshida, revealing a plethora of info regarding the highly anticipated Patch 6.1. For instance, the new patch was announced to launch on April 12, 2022. Titled “Newfound Adventure,” players can look forward to new Main Scenario quests, the ‘Tataru’s Grand Endeavor’ side quest, new story content for Role Quests, and more.
The MMORPG’s base game will also receive the Duty Support system, so those desiring solo play can experience trials and main dungeons with a party of NPCs instead of with other players. Further implementations to the Duty Support system are planned in later parts of the game down the road.
A general list of upcoming additions for Patch 6.1 was provided, viewable below:
- New Main Scenario Quests – Patch 6.1 will mark the start of a new chapter for Warriors of Light.
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid – The first part of an all-new original alliance raid series, Myths of the Realm: Aglaia will challenge players as they learn more about the divinities known as the Twelve.
- New Tribal Quests – Starting with Patch 6.15, players will be able to experience new Arkasodara tribe quests for battle classes and jobs.
- New Residential Area – Plots in Empyreum, the new Ishgardian residential district, will become available for purchase. An overview of the plot purchase system, as well as an initial schedule for lottery system sales, were presented.
- New Trial: The Minstrel’s Ballad: Endsinger’s Aria – Players can experience a new challenge with a new Extreme Trial, The Minstrel’s Ballad: Endsinger’s Aria.
- Adventurer Plates (Beta Version) – The new Adventurer Plates feature was showcased in detail. Player portraits can be customized to include lighting, animation, and camera angles using a character’s current appearance, and multiple portraits can be saved for future use. The character profiles can include information such as favorite job and title, playstyle preference, active playtimes, and more.
- PvP Updates – Additional details on the new small-scale PvP content known as Crystalline Conflict were revealed, including the new rewards system and PvP schedule.
- Additional content including job adjustments, the ability to try on gear available on the FFXIV Online Store, system updates, and more.
Official promotional screenshots were provided for this aforementioned content, viewable via our gallery below:
More intricate details regarding Patch 6.1 for Final Fantasy XIV can be viewed via the official website.
You can check out the official Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.1 trailer, “Newfound Adventure,” below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.