Final Fantasy XIV Reveals Further Patch 6.1 Details; New Quests, Duty System Implementation & Much More
Square Enix has expanded upon a great variety of significant details for Final Fantasy XIV’s upcoming patch, 6.1. Taking place after the lengthy Hydaelyn and Zodiark saga, players can look forward to new horizons. A list of the revealed upcoming inclusions stated by Naoki Yoshida are listed below:
- New Main Scenario Quests – Patch 6.1 will mark the start of a new chapter for Warriors of Light.
- “Tataru’s Grand Endeavor” – The spotlight falls upon Tataru in this new sidequest series, which will begin in Patch 6.1 and run until Patch 6.5.
- New Role Quest – An additional story will become available after completing all Endwalker role quests.
- PvP Updates – New PvP content known as Crystalline Conflict, PvP action updates, and a new rewards system will be implemented.
- New Housing Area – Plots in Empyreum, the new Ishgardian residential district, will become available for purchase.
- The Unending Codex – A new glossary of characters and terms up through Patch 6.0 can be unlocked in the main scenario of Patch 6.1. All characters and terms will not be immediately available, with new entries added as the story unfolds.
- New Dungeon – Further details to be announced at a later date.
- New Trial – The Endsinger’s Aria.
- New Unreal Trial – Ultima’s Bane (Unreal).
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid – Myths of the Realm #1.
- Miscellaneous Updates – Additional content including job adjustments, New Game+ for Endwalker and a portion of 6.1, new Hrothgar hairstyles, more glamour plates, the ability to try on items from the Final Fantasy XIV Online Store and more.
- New Ultimate Duty – A new Ultimate challenge, Dragonsong’s Reprise, is coming in Patch 6.11
- Side Story Quests – Various new side story quests will launch including the “Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures” in Patch 6.15 and “Omega: Beyond the Rift” sometime in the Patch 6.1x series.
- New Tribal Quests – Starting with Patch 6.15, players will be able to experience new Arkasodara tribe quests for battle classes and jobs.
- New Custom Deliveries – Ameliance Leveilleur Custom Deliveries coming with Patch 6.15.
- Data Center Travel – Planned for Patch 6.18, Data Center Travel will allow players to visit Worlds in different logical data centers within the same physical data center.
Additionally, the Duty System will be implemented in version 2.0 of A Realm Reborn, allowing players to complete dungeons and trials with NPCs. This mechanic is planned to be fleshed out and incorporated in Heavensward and beyond to allow for a greater single-player experience.
Further details of patch 6.1 for Final Fantasy XIV can be viewed via the latest archived Live Letter and the promotional website.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.