Square Enix has released patch 5.45 for Final Fantasy XIV, including the brand new “Save The Queen” quest series. These quests were written by Yasumi Matsuno, who also wrote the Return to Ivalice alliance raid series in the Stormblood expansion.
Additionally, this patch also resumes the Bozjan southern front battle and introduces the Delubrum Reginae large-scale battle. The latter battle takes place in the ruins of Queen Gunnhildr’s kingdom beneath the Bozja Citadel.
You can read the updates for PlayStation 4, PC and Mac players below:
- Resistance Weapon Quests Update: “Save the Queen: Past to Rest” – The battle for the southern front wages on, and having failed to retake Castrum Lacus Litore, chances of victory appear slim for the Resistance. This next exciting chapter of the “Save the Queen” quest series continues the story penned by renowned game designer Yasumi Matsuno.
- New Large-Scale Battle Content: “Delubrum Reginae” – This new battle content includes a 24-player normal mode and high-difficulty 48-player savage mode for players to undertake.
- Resistance Weapon Updates – Players who advance the “Save the Queen” questline will be able to further upgrade their Resistance Weapons to an additional two tiers in Patch 5.45. The second upgrade tier will also allow players to customize certain parameters on the weapon to match their playstyle.
- Blue Mage Update – Blue mage receives several new updates, including an increased level cap to 70, new blue magic to learn from enemies, new job-specific equipment, and additions to the Blue Mage Log.
- Skysteel Tool Update – Disciples of the Land and Hand can further upgrade their Skysteel Tools to aid in crafting and gathering.
- New emotes, hairstyles, furnishings, mounts, minions, fashion accessories, and more.
There is also a Final Fantasy XIV Announcement Showcase live stream occurring on February 5, 2021, at 5:30 p.m. PST. This stream will be available to view on both Youtube and Twitch and will feature a host of exciting announcements for fans to enjoy.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.