Final Fantasy XIV Online Reveals Patch 5.4 With Early December Release Date
Square Enix announced that patch 5.4 for their MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers is scheduled to launch in early December 2020.
The patch will add some new content to the Shadowbringers expansion including the events after the conclusion of Patch 5.3. Additionally, there will be a new Raid Dungeon with Eden’s Promise for 8-players across several difficulties. Emerald Weapon will also make an appearance in the next chapter of The Sorry of Werlyt questline.
Here are some of the other bullet points:
- New Trial: Emerald Weapon – Players can challenge Emerald Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Dungeon: Matoya’s Relict – Players can tackle this new challenge alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters, using the Trust system.
- New Unreal Trial – The next powered-up version of an existing primal will be unleashed upon level 80 heroes in Patch 5.4, providing a new challenge and a chance at unique prizes.
- Blue Mage Update – The limited job will receive a number of new updates, including an increased level cap, new blue magic to learn from enemies, new job-specific equipment, and additions to the Blue Mage Log.
- New “Explorer Mode” – This new gameplay mode will allow players to traverse Shadowbringers dungeons without the danger of enemies in order to take screenshots. Players can also summon both mounts and minions within dungeons using this mode to further enhance their screenshots.
- Performance Action Update – Playable instruments have been expanded to include the violin.
- Triple Triad Updates – In addition to revised match rules and UI enhancements, new limited-time tournaments will be held, which will also be available via the Duty Finder.
- Ishgard Restoration Update – The fourth and final stage of the Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard begins.
- “Save the Queen” Update – New 24- and 48-player large-scale battle content and the opportunity to further enhance Resistance weapons arrive in the next chapter of this multi-part adventure featuring a scenario written by renowned game designer Yasumi Matsuno (FINAL FANTASY Tactics, FINAL FANTASY XII).
- Adjustments to PvE and PvP actions, updates to Ocean Fishing and Doman Mahjong, treasure hunt dungeon updates, new UI skins, and more.
Additionally, Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida confirmed the release of Patch 5.35 is set for October 13, which is headlined by the latest chapter in the “Save the Queen” questline, featuring a story written by renowned game designer Yasumi Matsuno.
In case you missed it, check out our interview with the developers of Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers on writing and created the expansion. This is the third expansion for the online MMORPG. Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringser is available now on PlayStation 4 and PC.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.