Square Enix released new details for their MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV, which follows the announcements made during Fan Festival 2018.
With the new Shadowbringers expansion on the way, the publisher released new details for Patch 4.5, titled A Requiem for Heroes, which is planned to release in two parts, the first in January 2019 and second in March 2019. This will be the climax for the Stormblood expansion and will bring new content to the game, including the blue mage job class.
The blue mage will have a unique solo gameplay feature that will allow players to learn the abilities of monster that they encounter. The job class will also unlock extra challenges once they reach the blue mage level cap in The Masked Carnivale.
Here’s a list of other updates coming to Patch 4.5:
- New Main Scenario Quests
- The Finale of The Four Lords
- Even Further Hildibrand Adventures
- New Instanced Dungeons – The Ghimlyt Dark
- Third Chapter in the Return to Ivalice Alliance Raid Series – The Orbonne Monastery
- New Trials – Seiryu – The Wreathe of Snakes (Normal and Extreme)
- The Forbidden Land, Eureka – Hydatos Expedition
- Rival Wings Update – New Map
- Gold Saucer Update – New GATE
- New World Visit System
In case you missed, check out the content coming in the new Shadowbringers expansion, planned to get even more information during Paris Fan Festival on February 2, 2019.
Final Fantasy XIV is available now on PlayStation 4 and PC.
You can check out the Blue Mage trailer below:
Author’s take: How do you create more time to just spend it all in Final Fantasy XIV? I really want to know because this is all I want to do.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.