Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Gets Release Date and Reveals Enhancement Details
Square Enix revealed that Final Fantasy VIII Remastered will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC on September 3.
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered will include gameplay enhancements featured in previous Square Enix remasters, including:
- Battle assist options (HP, ATB gauge, and Limit Break boosts)
- Game speed boost (x3)
- No random encounters
The following functions will also be added to the Steam version:
- All Items: Possess all items except for a few certain items
- All Abilities: Unlock all abilities for acquired GFs
- GF Max Level: Max out levels for all acquired GFs
- Max Gil: Max out the number of Gils
- Max Magic: Max out stock for all acquired Magic
- All Limit Breaks: Unlock all Limit Breaks
- All Cards: Possess max number of Cards for all except Rare Cards
These assets can be toggled at any time and will allow players to adjust the difficulty of the game. This can be for those who wish to only experience the story of the game and not suffer death after not saving for three hours. With that said, an autosave feature will most likely also be available.
However, there is no news on whether or not the game will launch physically in the west at this time.
In Final Fantasy VIII, the military nation of Galbadia has declared war on the Dukedom of Dollet, who must hire the mercenary force, SeeD. Players play as Squall Leonhart, a new member of SeeD, together with his friends and Rinoa Heartilly, a member of a resistance group, who get pulled into the war. It’s from then on, the players embark on an epic quest to save the world.
The story can be a bit confusing, but I can assure that it is like no other game that you have ever played, and it features some of my favorite moments of RPG storytelling.
You can watch the announcement trailer below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.