Square Enix recently published the final part of their chapter retrospectives for Final Fantasy VII Remake. Aside from intriguing trivia regarding the Sephiroth scenes and the corresponding battle, two noteworthy staff comments were shared:
Firstly, the co-director of scenario design, Motomu Toriyama, shared the following statement:
“As it says at the end of the game “The Unknown Journey Will Continue”, and Cloud and his friends will be on that journey for a while yet. From here on in the Whispers cannot act to maintain the destined timeline, so fans can look forward to seeing what kind of future awaits the team.”
Secondly, the co-director of game designing and programming, Naoki Hamaguchi, shared the following statement:
“Thank you for sticking with us all the way through the blog series. The development team are currently hard at work on the second game, in which the story moves away from Midgar and expands out onto the world map. And it is not just the story! I will be working day and night to ensure that the game design also offers an even more thrilling ride and is packed with even more surprises than the first game.
I am very grateful for being given this opportunity to send my message out to all the fans.”
The most significant detail stated here is that the Whispers will no longer be able to act, which has been a widely held consensus by fans. Still, it’s nice to hear an official staff member clarify this point.
If you’re interested in learning various bits of trivia regarding this game’s development, I highly encourage reading each of the intricate posts on Square Enix Blog.
Check out our Preview of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion.
- View our hub article housing all of the recent Final Fantasy VII 25th Anniversary news
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade has been officially released for Steam & Steam Deck.
- Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis Closed Beta Test Arriving This Year
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion Announced for All Consoles & PC; Winter 2022
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Remake Part 2) Announced
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion Interview Info; Voice Cast
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth & Ever Crisis & More Interview Info
- New Kitase Comments
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion ESRB Rating
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion Nintendo Direct/State of Play Coverage
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion Japan Collector’s Edition
- Final Fantasy VII TGS 2022 Merch Roundup
- TGS 2022 Gameplay
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion is set to be a modernized retelling of the original Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, a prequel to the game that initiated this beloved sub-franchise. Players control Zack, a hyperactive and determined SOLDIER yearning to become not only First Class, but also a hero in his own right. Combat utilizes real-time action elements alongside the innovative “Digital Mind Wave” system, used to perform special attacks called Limit Breaks and achieve other notable feats.
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion is releasing for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam on December 13, 2022.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.