Modder ColossalCake has done what I thought to be impossible; giving Cloud Strife in Final Fantasy VII Remake the Keyblade from Kingdom Hearts. The sheer difference in size between the Keyblade and Cloud’s iconic Buster Sword is rather stark, but they managed to make it work.
Sora’s default Keyblade, the Kingdom Key, is the chosen weapon for this depiction, with it having been made entirely from scratch regarding models and textures. However, the weapon’s sound effects were cleverly taken from Kingdom Hearts III for further idealized replication.
Moreover, the Kingdom Key boasts four unique Materia slots and replaces either the Buster Sword or the Mythril Blade. Lastly, the Mickey Mouse keychain is not applied due to physics complications, though ColossalCake states that they will implement that functionality if it becomes possible.
Also, while ColossalCake crafted the model and texture work for the Kingdom Key, the following individuals provided significant contributions as well:
- matyalatte for their FF7R-mesh-importer, FF7R-DDS-tools, and Blender-Uasset-Add-on tool.
- Yoraiz0r for their AudioMog tool.
- spiritovod for their Umodel tool.
- FluffyQuack for their unrealpak tool.
You can download this stellar mod and view additional images via its dedicated Nexus Mods page.
- View our hub article housing all of the recent Final Fantasy VII 25th Anniversary news
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade has been officially released for Steam & Steam Deck.
- Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis Closed Beta Test Arriving This Year
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion Announced for All Consoles & PC; Winter 2022
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Remake Part 2) Announced
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion Interview Info; Voice Cast
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth & Ever Crisis & More Interview Info
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion is set to be a modernized retelling of the original Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, a prequel to the game that initiated this beloved sub-franchise. Players control Zack, a hyperactive and determined SOLDIER yearning to become not only First Class, but also a hero in his own right. Combat utilizes real-time action elements alongside the innovative “Digital Mind Wave” system, used to perform special attacks called Limit Breaks and achieve other notable feats.
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion is releasing for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam in Winter 2022.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.