Square Enix made a bunch of announcements during and after today’s State of Play event, but let’s take this piece by piece. Here’s what we know about Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade.
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade is both the PlayStation 5 update and a special story episode feature Yuffie. The update is free for all PS5 owners of the game and adds:
- Immerse yourself in the city of Midgar like never before, with improved textures, lighting, and background environments. Players can switch between two game modes:
- “Graphics Mode” prioritizes 4K high-resolution graphics
- “Performance Mode” prioritizes smooth action at 60 frames per second
- Capture and share your memorable moments from the game with a fully customizable “Photo Mode”
- Enjoy immersive battles by using the DualSense wireless controller, with its haptic feedback integration, and enjoy dynamic bike racing with its adaptive triggers.
- New difficulty settings for ‘Classic Mode’ provide new ways to play
- Jump into the action faster with optimized loading times
However, this upgrade does not include the new episode featuring Yuffie. This story content will be sold separately. Further, if you own a physical copy of Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4, you cannot upgrade using the PS5 digital edition.
Yuffie’s story will find the materia hunter infiltrating the Shinra Corporation to steal a powerful materia and restore glory to her homeland. Players will also play alongside new characters that expanded the gameplay experience featuring multiple new combat and gameplay additions.
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade will also launch as a physical and digital edition. There’s a digital deluxe version that comes with a mini-soundtrack and digital artbook. Also, those who pre-order will receive a Cacstar weapon for Yuffie to use in battle.
As of right now, the story content seems to only be available on PS5, as the publisher states, “Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, the PS5 enhancement update, and the standalone downloadable episode featuring Yuffie will be available for the PS5 console worldwide on June 10, 2021.”
You can watch the gameplay reveal below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.