Square Enix has launched the 4th title in their ongoing Pixel Remaster effort for the original 6 mainline Final Fantasy titles, Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster. This title is beloved for being the first Final Fantasy with a relatively deep story and distinct cast alongside housing an active time battle (ATB) system.
You can view the notable updates that arrive with this remaster below:
- Universally updated 2D pixel graphics redrawn for modern hardware, featuring iconic Final Fantasy character pixel designs created by the original artist and current collaborator, Kazuko Shibuya
- Beautifully rearranged soundtracks, overseen by the original composer, Nobuo Uematsu
- Improved gameplay, including updated controller and touch controls, modernized UI, auto-battle options, and more
- Quality-of-life improvements including supplemental extras like the bestiary, illustration gallery, music player, and the ability to save at any time
Additionally, those who purchase the game individually before September 23, 2021, on Steam receive 2 wallpapers, a 20% discount, and the following special music track arrangements:
- The Red Wings (Timelapse Remix)
- Main Theme of Final Fantasy IV (Timelapse Remix)
- Battle 2 (Timelapse Remix)
Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters I, II, and III are currently available on the aforementioned platforms.
Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster and Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster are scheduled to release later this year.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.