Japanese outlet Dengeki recently interviewed the producer and director of the upcoming Omega Force-developed action JRPG Fate/Samurai Remnant, Tomohiko Sho and Ryota Matsuhida, respectively. And arguably, the most significant piece of information revealed is that completing the main story is expected to take 50 hours. Alternatively, completionists will find themselves likely spending over 100 hours.
Further, there will be post-game content, though precise details on what that will comprise were not unveiled.
Thanks to Kars on Twitter for sharing this news.
Fate/Samurai Remnant, developed by Omega Force, will depict a Grail War held in the Keian Era, Edo Period Japan, where participants comprising seven pairs of Masters and summoned Servants of figures from historical and mythological importance. A “Waxing Moon Ritual” is also being held in the city’s underbelly. Protagonist Miyamoto Iori, residing in Asaka, fights in this Grail War with his Servant Saber to achieve the “Waxing Moon Vessel.”
Miyamoto utilizes the Niten Ichiryu style of swordsmanship. In battle, players can direct Servants to perform certain maneuvers or take control of them directly. Further, players can explore Edo, made up of row houses, samurai residences, and brothels where NPC and animal interaction are possible. Moreover, there are unspecified challenges players can anticipate.
- Check out our announcement coverage of Fate / Samurai Remnant, comprising screenshots, renders, gameplay information, and a trailer.
- View the 1/7 scale Berserker Musashi figure included with the game’s Japanese collector’s edition.
- Healing Pets
- Changeable Difficulty Levels
- Resonance Gauge & Meals
- English Character Profiles
- Pre-Order Guide
- Tamamo Aria & Cú Chulainn Reveals
- Second Trailer
- Rogue Servant Introductions
- Archer & Assassin Introductions
- Spirit Font Conflict & Magecraft Workshop Introduction
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.