Following the second trailer for the upcoming Omega Force-developed Fate/Samurai Remnant, Koei Tecmo has updated the action JRPG’s official website. New gameplay details have arisen, specifically regarding the Spirit Font Conflict.
This gameplay feature comprises a “competition between enemies for “spirit fonts” scattered throughout Edo.” The objective is to capture the spiritual fonts that act as enemy strongholds “by making a mutually determined number of movements on a gridded map.” Then, acquiring a spiritual font causes a path to pass through the leyline connected to your base, boosting the abilities of Iori.
The previously introduced Rogue Servants who form a bond with Iori can be moved as a separate unit to aid you, with some Rogue Servants only assisting during the “Spirit Font Conflict.”
Also of note is the town’s magecraft workshop. Iori can learn new skills here and upgrade the workshop, enabling the acquisition of even more skills, “such as the ability to have Rogue Servants accompany you in battle.” A sword maintenance minigame is playable here, too, rewarding success with bonus effects in battle.
- Check out our announcement coverage of Fate / Samurai Remnant, comprising screenshots, renders, gameplay information, and a trailer.
- View the 1/7 scale Berserker Musashi figure included with the game’s Japanese collector’s edition.
- Healing Pets
- Changeable Difficulty Levels
- Resonance Gauge & Meals
- English Character Profiles
- Pre-Order Guide
- Tamamo Aria & Cú Chulainn Reveals
- Second Trailer
- Rogue Servant Introductions
- Archer & Assassin Introductions
You can view new screenshots for Fate/Samurai Remnant via our gallery below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.