Koei Tecmo has announced the contents of its Japan-only Premium Edition for their upcoming horror adventure, Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse.
- Check out the game’s latest trailer, edition information, and renders.
- View our announcement coverage.
- Full Key Art & Soundtrack Video Preview; Screenshots
- Story-Heavy Locations; New Screenshots & Producer + Director Messages
This ¥12,080 package houses the following:
- An official Setting Material Book titled Rougetsu Island’s Reminiscences functioning as tertiary material. It chronologically takes place before the actual game’s prologue, providing further context.
- An Original Soundtrack CD, which you can listen to portions of here (Content warning: High-pitched sounds, not advisable to listen to this via headphones)
- 2 Clear Files
- Full Game
Alternatively, fans can purchase a ¥5,700 version of the edition that excludes the game. Images of this upcoming Premium Box are viewable via our gallery below:
Thanks to our team’s Ryuji for translating this news.
Taking place a decade after five girls disappeared during a festival at Rōgetsu Isle, an island in Southern Japan, these same girls ended up suffering from memory loss. However, they somehow remember a single melody and a masked woman dancing in the moonlight. Two of these rescued girls are now deceased, and the three remaining ones vow to uncover the mysteries surrounding their bizarre deaths.
Players will explore western-styled mansions and abandoned hospitals while relying on one’s own flashlight and the moonlight. Newspaper articles and notes will help unveil the island’s past and progress the narrative. The iconic Fatal Frame device, the Camera Obscura, makes a return, with the girls using it to seal the powers of vengeful ghosts. It will also be customizable to better combat the various supernatural threats roaming the land.
This release will include a new Photo Mode, ” new and altered costumes, and enhanced graphics including the improved rendering of shadows and light, delivering a more immersive and frightening experience.” Additionally, in-game movies and character models have been “brushed up.”
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse will release on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam on March 9, 2023.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.