As part of Denfaminicogamer’s Game Life Bar series, where they converse with select video game developers over a few drinks, Nihon Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo joined the program.
Several topics are discussed here, notably how Kondo became president, the factors that led to that decision, and the aftermath. When the developer was shifting from PCs to console focus, few believed he would have that position.
Other related subjects like Makoto Shinkai, the director of Your Name, working at Falcom, are also mentioned.
A list of each chapter’s title is below, translated via our team’s Ryuji:
- 0:00: Intro
- 0:11: Outline of the project (Game Life Bar)
- 0:51: How did Kondo become president at age 32
- 3:28: Reactions and Falcom’s situation at the time
- 6:53: Influence of Falcom’s founder, Masayuki Kato
- 8:38: About Makoto Shinkai
- 12:26: Events that occurred after becoming President
- 13:20: What sort of leadership experience did he have before becoming president
- 15:16: Is Falcom mysterious?
You can view the full Denfaminicogamer video discussion with Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo below:
The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak will launch for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC in Summer 2024.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak is the eleventh mainline entry in the Trails series, taking place after the events of The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie. Following the war with Erebonia initiated by Operation Jormungandr, the Republic of Calvard has thrived economically thanks to reparations. However, concerns regarding political reform and an abundance of immigrants have made the citizenry endure additional strife.
Within this tumultuous republic, protagonist Van Arkride makes his living as a Spriggan. This profession takes on the roles of many as it remains within the gray confines of legality that legitimate avenues of employment can’t accept for one reason or another.
- Check out our announcement coverage for additional information.
- Check out the Trails through Daybreak Limited Edition.
- View the Trails through Daybreak merchandise available for pre-order.
Combat in Trails through Daybreak features seamless switching between action gameplay on the field and turn-based encounters with “the revamped AT (Action Time) Battle system.” Orbments have also undergone a fundamental shakeup thanks to Shard Skills, part of the “sixth-generation combat orbment, Xipha.”
Another new gameplay feature in Trails through Daybreak is the Alignment system. The outcomes of the choices Van makes will lead toward Law, Chaos, or in-between, affecting future allies, antagonists, dialogue options, city status, and even jobs one can take on.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.