With E3 2021 occurring next month, the ESA has provided details on what the all-virtual event will look like, with details on the event’s online portal and app being now being provided.
The E3 2021 app and online portal will act as the hub of information for the show’s duration, with virtual “booths,” hosted events, video conferencing, profile and avatar creation, online forums, and more. Media access week begins on Monday, June 7, with general public access initiating on Saturday, June 12, which is also the first day of E3’s broadcast.
Stanley Pierre-Louis, the President & CEO of the ESA, had this to say regarding the upcoming virtual event:
“From the moment we decided to host E3 virtually, we’ve been focused on providing an interactive experience for fans around the globe that goes beyond the typical live stream. The result is a bespoke online portal and app that will allow fans, media and industry professionals to have an E3 experience designed to run parallel to the four-day broadcast, laying the foundation for interactive E3 elements to continue beyond this year’s all-virtual show.”
Registration for access to the online E3 portal will be free for everyone and available later this month.
On June 12, the public version of the online portal will grant access to the following:
- Exhibitor Booths – Featuring special events, VOD content and articles, exhibitor booths will act as hubs within the portal for key announcements and game information tied to each exhibitor
- Lounges – Online gathering spots for all E3 attendees
- Forums – Special boards for focused online discussion and sharing among attendees
- Leaderboards – Gamified show elements that can be collected and displayed, encouraging fans to interact in as many ways as possible
- Profile Creation – All attendees can create their own unique profiles within the portal and app, which can be customized
Additionally, the E3 2021 portal and app will also feature the E3 live broadcast. Alongside viewer polls and featured tweets, Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez, Jacki Jing, and Greg Miller will be hosting the various publisher showcases, press conferences, industry panels, extended livestreams, and special guest appearances.
E3 2021 will run from Saturday, June 12 through Tuesday, June 15. You can view more information on the event on the official website.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.