Dear Villagers announced that the Midgar Studio-developed adventure RPG, Edge of Eternity, has exited Steam Early Access and is now in Beta.
The switch to Beta has also added a substantial update to the already 30-hour+ game. Players will discover new features, new quests, cut scenes, and a new crafting system. Along with the beta update, the game has received a 30% discount for a week on Steam.
- New BattleCam for combat: You can switch between the current “tactical” and the new “cinematic/dynamic” camera
- New crafting system: gather recipes and materials to craft your own gear and items
- Reworked cutscenes: improved lighting, color and revamped the lip-sync system
- New quests: dynamic events and spontaneous secondary quests
- Updated character designs: includes new details for the heroes and NPCs
- General polish and fixes
Edge of Eternity has been redevelopment by a small group of JRPG fans. Since it first launched on Steam Early Access the game has seen regular updates and additional chapters as it expanded on its systems and perfected its mechanics.
The game’s official release date will be revealed soon, with a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One release planned.
You can watch the new beta gameplay trailer below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.