During Tokyo Game Show 2023, Capcom unveiled new gameplay information for their upcoming action RPG Dragon’s Dogma II. Firstly, some vocations were highlighted. These are essentially combat classes that can be altered in Guilds.
- Fighter Vocation – Uses a one-handed sword and shield and excels in melee combat.
- Archer Vocation – Uses bow and arrow to attack from a distance. Can also use explosive and blinding arrows and aim like a third-person shooter.
- Mage Vocation – Uses long-range magickal attacks. Can also perform healing and support allies; bolster party with enchantments. Advanced spells take longer incantation times.
- Thief Vocation – Uses daggers while relying on agility and quick attacks. A notable ability is Swift Step, which can make players quickly move away from enemies after an attack.
The following Advanced Vocations were highlighted:
- Mystic Spearhand Vocation – Combines magickal attacks and weapon-based physical attacks. Good all-rounder. Uses Duospear at close range and magick at long range. Can also use magick to impede enemy movement and throw multiple items simultaneously.
- Magick Archer Vocation – Specializes in long-range attacks with magickal arrows. Can also heal and support allies and learn a skill that attacks a wide area by sacrificing some of their own HP.
The environment can also be useful for combat, so players will need to be aware of their surroundings. While exploring, you’ll encounter pawns with quest knowledge who can guide you to the right locations for quests. Pawns will support in various ways, too, such as during combat. However, it’ll be up to players on whether they should follow them.
Players can go on Oxcarts to travel to major locations and close one’s eyes to make the process go by faster. However, you can be attacked en route, so plan accordingly.
Time is always passing, affecting the environment. Nighttime is dangerous with darkness and strong monsters. Camping kits can be used to spend the night and heal.
Regarding the setting, the following two nations were showcased:
- Vermund – Human Kingdom – Arisen who have slain the Dragon rule as kings here for generations. The landscapes here are full of greenery and meadows.
- Battahl – Land of Beastren – A rugged canyon nation with a city built on ancient ruins.
You can view new character artwork for Dragon’s Dogma II via our gallery below:
You can view new gameplay screenshots for Dragon’s Dogma II via our gallery below:
You can view the nine-minute gameplay deep dive for Dragon’s Dogma II below:
You can view the broadcast where this news was announced below:
Dragon’s Dogma 2 opens in a subterranean jail, where the Arisen are set on a path to slay the Dragon, which is a symbol of the world’s destruction. A hero will rise to fulfill their destiny and claim the throne of the human. Up to three mysterious otherworldly beings, known as Pawns, accompany the Arisen throughout their journey. Pawns create the feeling of a cooperative gameplay experience by offering unique characteristics, skills, and knowledge gained from their experiences with other Arisen.
Dragon’s Dogma 2 is a single-player experience within the action RPG genre. Players will set out and craft their own experience using skill, Pawns, or clever solutions to quests. There are multiple ways to approach this adventure.
Both your party of Pawns and enemies alike will react dynamically to your actions on the battlefield, whether you cling to the backs of monsters or seek to dispatch them from afar. Your vocation allows you to choose your playstyle and whether you will use swords, bows, or potent magick to bring your foes to heel.
We’ll keep you updated on the development and release of Dragon’s Dogma 2.
Dragon’s Dogma 2 is in development for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and PC via Steam.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.