Famitsu recently interviewed the creator of the Dragon Quest franchise, Yuji Horii, primarily regarding his childhood and other miscellaneous aspects. However, the interview’s conclusion does contain light info regarding the games.
Horri has stated that development on the previously announced Dragon Quest XII and Dragon Quest III HD-2D is progressing smoothly. Additionally, news on the latter is teased to be shared soon, though specifics weren’t shared. Although, it is worth noting that Dragon Quest’s presence was confirmed for Jump Festa later this month, so maybe we’ll finally receive more information regarding the still highly-elusive title.
Dragon Quest Treasures is releasing for Nintendo Switch worldwide on December 9, 2022.
- Release Date & Screenshots.
- Setting & Character News.
- Gameplay Mechanics & Japanese Screenshots.
- English Screenshots & English Voice Cast.
- Gameplay loop alongside treasure classifications alongside pre-orders being available + bonuses.
- Monster Recruitment, Species & Fortes; new English screenshots.
- Story & Exploration Trailer; Japanese
- Gameplay Overview Trailer
- Base Building, Facilities & The Snarl
- Rival Gangs Introduced
- 5 Explorable Islands, Balloon Popping Sidequest & Rare Monsters Introduced
- Combat; Catapults, Medals, Unleash the Dragon, Wild Side & More Introduced
- Treasure Maps & Treasure Dungeons Introduced; New Screenshots
Dragon Quest Treasures follows Erik and Mia, both prominent characters from Dragon Quest XI, with Erik even having been a party member. However, in this title, these siblings are taken away from the Viking ship they normally reside in to a new world called Draconia, housing a myriad of treasures, including the Seven Dragonstones. Conveniently, Erik and Mia can communicate with the monsters here, allowing for integral cooperation regarding treasure hunting.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.