Square Enix has shared new gameplay details regarding their upcoming action-adventure spinoff, Dragon Quest Treasures, by introducing Erik’s and Mia’s rival gangs.
These groups primarily aim to steal your treasure with full-on raids and surprise attacks out on the field. If allied monsters fall in battle and drop their treasure, present rival gangs will snatch it. Thankfully, the game issues a warning whenever these robbers draw near. Moreover, successfully defending your treasure enhances its value. I suppose beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.
Two of the most notable gangs are The Thunderous Plunderers and The Sylphanian Expedition. The former comprises human and monster sky pirates led by the brutal Long John Silverbones, who discards individuals no longer benefitting his cause. As for specific members, the following pirates are highlighted:
- Gustav is a memorable standout officer of his whose loyalty borders on unrelenting worship.
- Bonnie is a devoted officer trusted and admired by other members, making her an elder sister figure for the group.
- Admiral Mogsworth is a feline pirate with a precarious position within the group. He also seems to have a …thing for Mia.
- Shambles and Shady are two peas in a pod. The former has a sharp tongue and is usually frustrated with Shady’s antics, while Shady himself is incompetent at his tasks, praising Shambles’ approach to her duties.
The Sylphanian Expedition originates from a kingdom yearning for treasure and has bases on two islands. Captain Levanter is the expedition leader, having a courageous and frank attitude. Further, he seems to be a rival of sorts towards Long John Silverbones, the leader of Thunderous Plunderers, as he possesses significant ire for him. Gayle, a human youth, is the other showcased gang member, being an enthusiastic and kind novice. There are other rival gangs throughout the title, with some even preferring to be allies, sharing treasure hunting tips.
Lastly, the scholarly and refined Princess Anemone of the Sylphania Kingdom is another newly revealed character exploring Draconia, though not for treasure. Her objectives are unclear.
You can view newly unveiled screenshots correlating to the aforementioned information below:
Dragon Quest Treasures is releasing for Nintendo Switch worldwide on December 9, 2022.
- Release date and new screenshots.
- Setting & character news.
- Gameplay mechanics and Japanese screenshots.
- English screenshots and the English voice cast.
- Gameplay loop alongside treasure classifications alongside pre-orders being available + bonuses.
- Monster recruitment, species & fortes; new English screenshots.
- Story & Exploration Trailer; Japanese
- Gameplay Overview Trailer
- Base Building, Facilities & The Snarl
Dragon Quest Treasures follows Erik and Mia, both prominent characters from Dragon Quest XI, with Erik even having been a party member. However, in this title, these siblings are taken away from the Viking ship they normally reside in to a new world called Draconia, housing a myriad of treasures, including the Seven Dragonstones. Conveniently, Erik and Mia can communicate with the monsters here, allowing for integral cooperation regarding treasure hunting.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.