Square Enix has announced the official Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince guidebook for Japan, set to launch on January 17, 2024, for ¥2,420.
This guidebook includes the following, as translated by our team’s Ryuji:
- Map diagrams that explain the changes of the four seasons and monster distribution maps that are useful for collecting friends for your adventures.
- A bestiary covering all monsters, including Rank X and collaboration monsters.
- Essential information for training the strongest monsters, including their skills, special skills, traits, items, accessories, and more.
- Advice on scouting, merging, recommended party organization, and more.
Furthermore, at the end of the book, you can find a download code for a Strengthening Accessory Set, which includes both a Mental Ring+ and a Toughness Ring+ item for in-game to strengthen your monsters further.
Information about the items:
- Mental Ring+: An accessory that increases defense and grants resistance against sleep, confusion, and tiredness.
- Toughness Ring+: An accessory that increases defense and grants resistance against paralysis, poison, and instant death.
In Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince, the demi-human protagonist, Psaro, was cursed by the ruler of the monster realm of Nadiria, also known as his father, making the youth incapable of harming any being with monster blood coursing through their veins.
To defy his fate, Psaro becomes a monster wrangler, amassing a sizeable monster following during his quest for vengeance. Additionally, he’ll make new allies, including the elf Rose and the enigmatic Toilen Trubble.
Combat will consist of eight party members, with four being active and another four being in reserves. Further, you can manually control your monsters’ actions every turn or set predetermined tactics to let the AI decide, like ‘Show No Mercy’ or ‘Focus on Healing.’
In battle, monsters can enter a frenzied state born from desperation in dire scenarios, enabling greater damage output and additional chances to perform an action. Players can also look forward to monster fusion and several season-based environments to traverse, each with their own creatures.
Dragon Quest Monsters The Dark Prince will launch for Nintendo Switch on December 1, 2023. A free demo is now available via the Switch eShop.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.