The official Sonic the Hedgehog YouTube channel has uploaded a new video showing off antagonist Dr.Eggman taking over LEGO headquarters. The video is honestly a pretty funny series of bits, with the character’s iconic voice actor, Mike Pollock, even reprising his role.
For those unaware, Sega has been partnering with LEGO lately, with the upcoming Sonic Superstars having an in-game LEGO Eggman Character Skin.
Sonic Superstars is a brand-new 2D adventure featuring Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy, taking place on the North Star Islands. New gameplay features include the Emerald Powers when Chaos Emeralds are acquired, such as enabling the ability to create clones or climb waterfalls.
Further, the visuals have received a notable upgrade, and Fang the Sniper from older Sonic the Hedgehog comics and video games, such as Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble, will appear as an antagonist in Sonic Superstars.
Classic Sonic the Hedgehog designer Naoto Oshima has returned with a brand new villain. Fans can also anticipate “movements, physics, and controls feel familiar and appeal to recent and legacy fans alike.” Local four-player co-op will be available throughout the entire story, too.
You can view the video of Dr. Eggman taking over LEGO HQ below:
- Sonic series producer Takashi Iizuka has confirmed that no stages from previous 2D Sonic games will appear.
- In case you missed it, check out our announcement coverage comprising screenshots, a trailer, and more.
- View ten minutes of gameplay.
- The game is confirmed to utilize Sonic Mania physics.
- New Key Art
- LEGO Content & Classic Amy Skin
- Producer & Creative Officer Interview
- Character Renders + Profiles
Sonic Superstars will release digitally and physically for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store in Fall 2023 for $59.99 USD.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.