Publisher Sega and developer CyberConnect 2 have announced that Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Hinokami Chronicles has added 2 new playable characters, Enmu and Yushiro & Tamayo. Enmu is terrific with long-range and projectile maneuvers, while the latter 2-in-1 character is excellent at parrying and support due to their tag-team approach.
Further, online custom matches are now playable in 60 FPS, and the following balance alterations have been made:
- Air Hop Adjustments
- Shortened homing attack/movement invulnerability window.
- Lengthened wait time after landing.
- Chase Dash Adjustments
- Can no longer be canceled with Quick Step when far from the opponent. (When near, it will behave as normal.)
- Throw Adjustments
- Increased damage of throw attack.
- Tanjiro Kamado / Academy Tanjiro
- Skill 2 (Second Form, Water Wheel): Delayed and reduced mobility/speed of attack hitbox.
- Sakonji Urokodaki
- Skill 2 (Second Form, Water Wheel): Delayed attack hitbox and removed ability to cancel a long-press modified attack if it does not hit the opponent.
- Nezuko Kamado / Academy Nezuko
- Support Skill 1 (Crazy Scratching) / Support Skill 2 (Heel Bash): Shortened combo window.
- Support Skill 1 (Crazy Scratching): Reduced damage dealt to an opponent’s guard.
- *These adjustments only apply when Nezuko attacks as a support character.
- Skill 1 (Web Toss) / Skill 2 (Thread Dash): Increased damage dealt to an opponent’s guard.
- Chase Dash: Increased base speed.
- Skill 1 (Destructive Death: Air Type): Increased damage dealt to an opponent’s guard.
- Skill 2 (Destructive Death: Disorder) / Skill 3 (Technique Development, Destructive Death: Compass Needle): Increased damage dealt to an opponent’s guard and shortened skill cooldown.
- Skill 3 (Technique Development, Destructive Death: Compass Needle): Increased damage and lengthened combo window.
- Demon Skill 2 (Destructive Death: Annihilation Type): Increased damage and shortened combo window.
- Demon Skill 2 (Blood Demon Art: Kouketsu Arrow, Eruption): Increased damage dealt to an opponent’s guard.
- Skill 1 (Ball Kick) / Demon Skill 1 (Sixfold Temari): Increased damage dealt to both an opponent’s guard and the opponent guarding.
- Skill 2 (Spinning Throw): Increased damage dealt to an opponent’s guard.
- Skill 3 (Piercing Kick): Increased damage dealt to an opponent’s guard when the button is held down.
If you missed it, check out our review of the title.
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba The Hinokami Chronicles features a solo-story campaign where players will follow Tanjuro through the story from the anime adaptation of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. His sister, Nezuko, has become a demon, and he must try to turn her back into a human.
Further, players can also play in a versus mode where you can choose characters from the anime, including Tanjiro and Nezuko, and fight in online or offline modes. The battle system has been developed to be simple and stylish for all fans to enjoy. While not boasting an intensively complex battle system, this title is primarily catered to anime fans and those who want to experience the source material’s story in a fresh medium.
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba The Hinokami Chronicles is available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X, and PC via Steam.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.