During Sony’s State of Play October 2021 live stream, GungHo Online Entertainment announced they will release Deathverse: Let it Die as a follow-up to the online action game, Let it Die. The game is coming to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 in 20221.
Deathverse: Let it Die is an online action game where players can customize a character of their choice and take them into arena fights to the death. It looks like cosmetics and weapons are the main draw for this game, which is described as a “literal survival game show that has enthralled the world over.”
The developer has detailed the game as follows:
Players take the stage in the world’s most popular survival reality TV show, set hundreds of years after the events of Let it Die. Armed with a robotic combat tool equipped with many deadly features, each player can use a variety of weapons, protective shields, and skills to create a character who can outlive the competition. They’ll also have to fend off monsters and assassins to stay alive in this gloriously gory arena.
As a contestant in this glamorous gorefest, you’ll fight using a special robotic unit, known as a “Wilson,” that will give you all the tools you need to survive. These battle-ready bots offer a variety of deadly features:
- Transform into all kinds of weapons, like hammers, knives, katanas, and more to batter and break your competitors
- Deploy protective shields to stop attackers in their tracks
- Fire electric bullets to stun enemies
- Activate any number of skills that you can customize to suit your playstyle
- As you progress through the game, you can upgrade your Wilson and unlock even more ways to slay and increase your odds of survival
Let it Die has been downloaded by over four million PS4 owners, a number that will surely grow after the PC version launches. However, whether or not all of those players are actually playing the game isn’t mentioned by the company, but it is a nice milestone.
You can watch the reveal trailer below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.