During The Game Awards 2023, MINTROCKET and Black Salt Games announced the Dave the Diver Dredge Content Pack, which will be a free update launching for Nintendo Switch and PC on December 15, 2023.
Players can anticipate the following features:
- A new “Fog” weather event, which introduces the DREDGE content later in the game
- Drive Dave’s boat similar to DREDGE gameplay, choosing different diving spots
- Catch Aberrations, unique creatures with diverse attack patterns
- New night map to explore
- New weapon, the Drain Gun (can be created using Aberrant material)
- New “Hooded Figures” to serve at Bancho Sushi using unique dishes created from Aberrant fish
Game Director Jaeho Hwang of MINTROCKET stated the following:
“It was pretty awesome to see great success for another studio inspired by the infinite possibilities of an ocean-faring adventure, especially one with fishing at the core of the experience much like our own. Creating this crossover DLC is what our passionate fans in the community have been eager for, so combining our two distinct flavors in this DLC makes so much sense. We hope it’s full of fun experiences for all players.”
The Black Salt Games team said the following:
“We’ve been fans of MINTROCKET’s Dave the Diver since early access and like millions of others, have enjoyed hours exploring the Giant Blue Hole. We were amazed to find our admiration was mutual when their team reached out to us after we launched DREDGE, our own contribution to the rising Rod-like genre. This collaboration marries two unique fishing experiences and showcases what’s great about the gaming spirit in our community; celebrating each other’s work and delivering a great time for our players.”
You can view the Dave the Diver Dredge Content Pack trailer below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.