Publisher 505 Games and developer Remedy Entertainment released the post-launch content roadmap for their action-adventure game Control, out now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC-via the Epic Games Store.
The roadmap gives us a clear picture of what DLC to expect, even what’s in store for players going into 2020. There seems to be a slew of content on the way, so below is a nice list for you to check out that has all of the upcoming content.
Upcoming content for the game includes:
- Photo Mode: Remedy is working on the much-desired Photo Mode, arriving this fall free to all players, which will enable players to take awesome snapshots of Jesse in the Oldest House.
- New Game Mode: In December, the Expeditions game mode will be released, offering challenging new end-game content in which Jesse must help Security Chief Arish explore the mysterious Formation and its strange surroundings. Here you will face some of the greatest challenges the Oldest House has to throw at you. Expeditions will be free to all players.
- Expansions: In 2020, two full, paid Expansions will be released, The Foundation and AWE. Both will offer new story missions, teams, enemies and game mechanics, and will take place in new locations within the Oldest House.
- The Foundation will delve into the history of the Oldest House. At the request of the ever-mysterious Board, Jesse must explore what lies beneath the Bureau as she returns order to the Foundation and the Oldest House itself.
- The second Expansion, AWE, will take Jesse into a new area of the Oldest House, the Investigations Sector, where the Bureau closely examines Altered World Events.
What’s caught our eye was the second expansion, AWE, as it definitely seems like “AWE” could very well be short for “Alan Wake Expansion”. I’m by no means a detective, but I think I’m on to something here…
Anyway, the PlayStation 4 Digital Deluxe Edition ($64.99) includes both Expansions, as well as an extra side mission, “Isolation” and an additional exclusive outfit, Jesse’s Urban Response Gear. For players who have already purchased the main game for PS4, the Season Pass is now available for pre-order, and also includes both expansions (upon release).
Each Expansion will also be available to purchase individually at release, and the Season Pass and individual Expansions will be available for purchase on Xbox One and PC, following the PlayStation 4 Expansion 1 “The Foundation” release. The AWE expansion will release on all platforms on the same date.
If you haven’t already, check out our review of the game to find out why we think we called it ” a breathtaking adventure through the supernatural”. Give the new DLC roadmap a look below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.