Konami and WayForward have unveiled new details for their upcoming run-‘n’-gun action game Contra: Operation Galuga. The narrative, various gameplay details, and the playable cast have all been highlighted.
Contra: Operation Galuga has the Earth Marine Corps sending its best soldiers to combat the Red Falcon terrorist group’s invasion “following a meteor shower in the Galuga Archipelago.”
The gameplay will feature Arcade and Story Modes alongside a Challenge Mode comprised of over 30 missions. The lattermost will have stage speedrunning, scenarios with limited ammo, and survival against hordes of enemies. a
Players will be able to enhance themselves via the Perk Shop, where they can also gain the abilities to “start stages with specific weapons, increase invulnerability after respawning, and gain other helpful bonuses.” Up to two perks can be equipped per player, and no microtransactions are involved.
The following six characters have been profiled:
- Bill Rizer: Field leader of the Contra unit, possessing exceptional physical strength, agility, and mental fortitude. Proficient in all manner of armaments and well-versed in military science.
- Lance Bean: An expert marksman adept with machinery. Was active as a guerrilla fighter before being recruited into the Earth Marine Corps by Bill Rizer.
- Ariana: A tremendously skilled warrior from the Galuga Archipelago. After her village was nearly wiped out by Red Falcon’s attack, she wages a one-woman war against the enemy forces.
- Lucia: Deputy commander in the Earth Marine Corps and also a talented field operative. She is equally proficient at combat missions and covert intelligence.
- Lt. Stanley Ironside: A veteran who leads an armored platoon in the GX Army. He wears a powered Hercules exosuit to supplement his already formidable combat skills.
- Probotector: Autonomous training robots used by the Contra Unit. Utilizing cutting-edge tech, they are every bit as capable in the field as their human counterparts.
You can view official key art and screenshots for Contra: Operation Galuga via our gallery below:
You can view the official character trailer for Contra: Operation Galuga via our gallery below:
Contra: Operation Galuga will launch for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam in early 2024.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.