Square Enix has announced that the Steam and mobile versions of their classic turn-based JRPG, Chrono Trigger, will be receiving an update adding a variety of new implementations primarily for player convenience. There will be a total of 20 save slots, auto-battle speed has been enhanced by 1.5 speed, and full-screen display support can go up to a 21:9 aspect ratio. Additionally, the mobile version of the title will finally receive the ‘Extras’ section.
You can view the official trailer announcing this Chrono Trigger update for March 11, 2022, below:
This game’s sequel, Chrono Cross, is receiving an updated re-release later this year.
Chrono Cross follows Serge, who has just entered another world where he learns about the connection between his existence and the future of his planet. The game transcends time as players head out on an adventure friendship while meeting a massive cast of over 40 potential party members.
Chrono Cross was never released in Europe but now will arrive as a remastered release. This version of the game includes refined illustrations for the original character designer, Nobuteru Yuuki, remastered music from acclaimed composer Yasunori Mitsuda, and a variety of additional features.
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam on April 7, 2022.
Additionally, “Radical Dreamers – Le Trésor Interdit –,” a text-based adventure video game released for Satellaview in 1996, which forms the bedrock of the story, is also included in this edition.
Additional features include:
- 3D models converted to HD*
- Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki*
- Refined background music by Yasunori Mitsuda
- Switch enemy encounters on or off
- Background filter feature*
- Battle enhancement features
- Auto-battle function
- French, Italian, German, and Spanish localization now added
- Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font*
- The inclusion of Radical Dreamers, which was never before released in the West.
- Players can choose between playing with original or updated graphics*
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.