Square Enix announced that Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC-via Steam on April 7, 2022.
Chrono Cross was never released in Europe but now will arrive as a remastered release. This version of the game includes refined illustrations for the original character designer, Nobuteru Yuuki, remastered music from acclaimed composer, Yasunori Mitsuda, and a variety of additional features.
Additionally, “Radical Dreamers – Le Trésor Interdit –“, a text-based adventure video game released for Satellaview in 1996, which forms the bedrock of the story, is also included in this edition.
Additional features include:
- 3D models converted to HD*
- Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki*
- Refined background music by Yasunori Mitsuda
- Switch enemy encounters on or off
- Background filter feature*
- Battle enhancement features
- Auto-battle function
- French, Italian, German, and Spanish localization now added
- Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font*
- The inclusion of Radical Dreamers which was never before released in the West.
- Players can choose between playing with original or updated graphics*
Chrono Cross follows Serge, who has just entered another world where he learns about the connection between his existence and the future of his planet. The game transcends time as players head out on an adventure friendship while meeting a huge cast of over 40 potential party members.
You can check out the screenshots below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.