Square Enix has released a new patch for their racing title, Chocobo GP. Several issues of varying importance were addressed. The notes detailing these fixes are listed below:
1. Fixes to an issue where laps were not counted on the Gold Saucer long course.
2. Fixes to an issue where lag caused finishing position detection and the finish line sequence not to match up.
3. Fixes to an issue where using the “Change” magicite or Odin’s special ability caused finishing position detection and the finish line sequence not to match up.
2. Fixes to an issue where the start of the finish line sequence for other players was delayed after finishing positions have been finalised.
5. Fixes to an issue that occurred if voice language was set to English, where character voices could be heard regardless of the distance from the speaking character when other players used Odin’s special ability.
Chocobo GP is an approachable racer infused with Final Fantasy elements to give it a distinct identity of its own. For example, aside from the cast consisting of Final Fantasy favorites like Gilgamesh and Chocobo, players can utilize Magicite and character-specific abilities to turn the tides in their favor.
Further, a Story Mode is featured, where playing through it will grant new courses and useable characters. Other gameplay modes include Series Races, trials of skill across several courses demanding players to place as best as possible.
Time Attack allows players to race against past iterations of themselves and against other players’ ghosts to better their racing prowess. Custom race tracks can also be made, and local + online multiplayer adds an invaluable degree of replayability. Finally, Chocobo GP mode is a massive online tournament mode featuring 64 players where rewards differ per season.
Chocobo GP is available for Nintendo Switch.
If you missed it, check out our review.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.