11 Bit Studios revealed the roadmap for the Dead Mage-developed roguelike RPG Children of Morta for its coming updates releasing in 2020.
Coming up in 2020 the developers have scheduled a long list up content updates, most of them free of charge. Each update adds new modes, skills, characters, or items to make each return to the game different.
Currently, the only planned paid DLC the team has scheduled is the “Uncharted Lands” expansion.
You can check out the full roadmap below:
- Shrine of Challenge (I) introduces hard difficulty and an item pack with more than 20 new items including Charms, Divine Graces and Divine Relics.
- Setting Sun Inn (II) invites you to New Game+ mode in which players carry their unlocked characters, skill tree, Morv, and Workshop Upgrades into a new playthrough after completing the game.
- Random Encounter (!) means what it says and says what it means – you’ll never know what you might find here!
- Bergsons’ House (III) a new playable character awaits.
- The Fellowship Sanctuary (IV) adds the much anticipated online co-op to the game.
- Temple of the Endless (V) contains a series of arenas with waves of enemies, mini-bosses, and a new boss. This Endless Mode fully supports online co-op.
- Treasure (VI) update will contain more than 30 new items including Charms, Divine Graces and Divine Relics.
- The Uncharted Lands (VII). The next journey for the Bergson family will be a brand new DLC chapter with the main quest and a home event, another playable hero, new enemies, and a new boss.
Children of Morta is set on Mount Morta where corruption has spread turning this once peaceful land into a nightmare. Players will need to sacrifice everything to save the once they care. During the story-driven action RPG, a family has risen, known as the Bergson family, to become heroes in these desperate times.
During gameplay, players will be able to discover how strong these family ties can get while jumping into a pixel-art world to fight dangerous beasts. The game features procedurally generated dungeons and a hack-and-slash battle system. Players are also able to choose the best character from the family who fits their playstyle as well as craft new items to help them through tough situations.
Children of Morta is available now on PC-via Steam, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.