Playwing announced that their new fantasy-dragon adventure Century: Age of Ashes, will host another closed beta from March 12 through March 21.
The closed beta will feature improvements made to the game based on feedback from the community. This includes updated matchmaking, game modes, improved controls, and a free flight system for new players to practice against an AI opponent.
“The first closed beta was amazing. We saw so many players have fun and leave the weekend hungry for more dragon-riding combat. We’ve been given a massive amount of feedback through Discord and social media about ways to improve the game. I think the community will really appreciate everything we’ve done to improve the game since the last closed beta.” said Pascal Barret, Playwing Bordeaux Art Director, and Studio Manager. “We’re a small team and we want Century to launch in Early Access in the best state possible. We appreciate everyone’s patience and can’t wait to see you in the skies.”
The developer has also shared that the game will launch in Early Access during the first week of April to allow the team to focus on quality ahead of launch.
The closed beta will features:
Matchmaking & Game modes
- Adding an MMR system to the queue to improve match balance and put same level players into the same games
- Rookie mode will be only accessible until level 10
- Adding a Skirmish mode: a best of 5, 3v3 game mode, that will replace the ROOKIE mode for level 10 players and above. All the controls will be available at the start of the first round.
- A Free Flight mode will be available. You’ll be able to familiarize yourself with the Dragon’s controls and play against an enemy bot.
Gates of Fire
- Changing the number of rounds to a best of 3 + an extra 4th round in case of a draw, in order to avoid the XP draw exploit
- Reviewing the sound design in order to make the game mode more epic
- Improved the balancing by adding more spawn placements for the flag
- General UI/FX improvements to make the objectives clearer
- Adding a penalty system for players who leave rounds early
- The shop will be open! You’ll be able to spend your earned currencies, but won’t be able to pay with real money
- Leaderboard will be available
- Global ping improvement
- Improved Mouse / Keyboard controls
- General sound design improvements to improve the sensation when players hit an enemy
- The progression system has been rebalanced. We want the level up system to feel more of an accomplishment
Century: Age of Ashes is being developed by a 30-person team in France with a planned Early Access launch in February 2021. Gameplay combines dragon flying within a multiplayer arena where players can shoot down others in some high-fantasy clashes. Players can choose their class, become more skilled with dragon flight, and take to the skies.
There are three different classes available, Windguard, for high defense, Marauder, for tracking and speed; and Phantom, for steam and traps. Players can master each class to improve their abilities. Each level gained opens up opportunities to make classes and dragons look unique. Experience can be used to hatch new dragons to ride.
In case you missed it, check out the reveal trailer.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.